Backups are extremely important, especially if you’re the kind of person who always seems to be losing or breaking their phone. When you backup your data, you’re essentially uploading a copy of it to the cloud that you can access when the need arises.
- Aug 06, 2021 Login to your WhatsApp account on your phone and restore the backup from Google Drive or iCloud. Download and install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on your computer. Connect your mobile to your computer using a USB cable. Run Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer and click on the Backup button on the interface. To restore the backup, just follow the above.
- Download WhatsApp Backup Data from Google Drive. Launch AppTrans Click App Restore from the left panel Move to WhatsApp Backup and tap on Restore button. Open AppTrans and Click WhatsApp Backup. Log into your Google account and you will see Google Drive backup (s) as below Choose one backup to download.
- Login to your WhatsApp account on your phone and restore the backup from Google Drive or iCloud. Download and install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on your computer. Connect your mobile to your computer using a USB cable. Run Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer and click on the Backup button on the interface. To restore the backup, just follow the above.
- Go to in a web browser. If you're not already signed in to your Google account, you should do so now. If you sync files to your Google Drive using Backup and Sync, deleting a file on your computer may also delete that file on Google Drive. This depends on your Backup and Sync settings.
Step 1: Retrieve WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android phone. First and foremost, download the backup to the Android phone using the steps given above and proceed to the next. Step 2: Install MobileTrans on PC. Secondly, find the app’s official website and have its Windows version installed on the computer.
One of the things that you should consider backing up is your WhatsApp data. As one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, it’s only natural that a lot of people use this app to communicate with others. Backing up this data will ensure that even in the worst cases, you can access all your conversations anytime.
Are you ready to start backing up your data now? Here’s our easy guide on how to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive!
- 3 FAQs
Backing Up Whatsapp Data To Google Drive
Backing up your data to Google Drive is very easy. However, keep in mind that this guide will only work on the Android version of WhatsApp.
If you have an iOS device, like an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, you can’t use Google Drive to backup your data. The only option for iOS devices is to backup via iCloud.
Without further ado, here’s a step-by-step guide to backing up your WhatsApp data.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- From the app’s home screen, select the kebab icon at the top right.
3. A new dropdown menu will show up. Tap on Settings.
4. Next, tap on Chats, where you can edit the theme and wallpaper of your chat boxes and view your chat history.
5. You’ll be brought to a new screen. Click on the second to the last option, called Chat Backup, at the bottom.
6. Here, you can choose your backup settings. You can tap on each option to adjust the settings first before you do the backup. For instance, you can choose to include videos, schedule the backups, pick the Google account you want to use, and decide whether you want to back up over just Wi-Fi or using mobile data.
7. You don’t always have to change the two other options unless you don’t have Wi-Fi and you want to include videos, but make sure to select something for “Back up to Google Drive” and Google Account. If you don’t select something for these two options, clicking on the backup button won’t do anything.
8. If you’re ready, simply click Back Up.
Also, check this video:
Can You Read Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive On PC?
Now you may be wondering how to read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on PC. Unfortunately, you can’t.
Though you can create a WhatsApp backup file in your Google account, it will be end-to-end encrypted. Encryption makes data unreadable so it can’t be compromised.
You can only read WhatsApp backup data by restoring your chats to your WhatsApp account.
If, for some reason, you really want to see your WhatsApp data in Google Drive, here’s how to do it:
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Click the gear icon on the right and click Settings.
- Click Manage Apps.
- Scroll down to WhatsApp Messenger.
If you click Options, you can disconnect your WhatsApp from your Drive. And again, you can’t access WhatsApp backup data on Google Drive on PC.
Does WhatsApp back up to Google Drive?
WhatsApp does back up data to Google Drive. To do this, first tap the kebab icon. Then, tap Settings. Go to Chats >Chat backup. Tap Back up to Google Drive and select a frequency. Then, select a Google account. If you selected Only when I tap “Back up,” tap Back Up.
Where can I find my WhatsApp backup in Google Drive?
You can find your WhatsApp backup settings in Google Drive in Managed Apps. Go to drive.google.com. Click the gear icon on the upper right and click Settings >Manage Apps. Scroll down to see WhatsApp Messenger. Note that you cannot actually read your WhatsApp backups on Google Drive.
How can I read WhatsApp backup in Google Drive without WhatsApp?
You cannot read a WhatsApp backup in Google Drive, as it will be end-to-end encrypted. Encryption is a security measure that makes data unreadable.
Now you can backup WhatsApp to Google Drive anytime! You can even set automatic backups if you want to ensure that your data will always have a safe copy on the cloud.
With this, you can rest assured that you can restore all the conversations you have on WhatsApp, even if you happen to lose or break your device. And if you’re upgrading to a new device, even if it’s to an iPhone? No problem – your Google Drive backup is there to the rescue.
And if you are switching back to Android from iPhone, you can always restore your WhatsApp from iCloud to Android without hassle!
Wondering how to disable the backup? Read here about how to stop Google Drive backup.
Did you like this article? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Table of Contents
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging applications which have been used by millions of users worldwide. Are you using WhatsApp? Then you might be aware of the WhatsApp feature in which WhatsApp keeps our all the chat or media backup on Google drive. Have you ever seen where the backup data are stored? No right? It’s because of the security feature of WhatsApp. But there is a way by which we can download WhatsApp Database from Google Drive. Continue reading to find the method to download WhatsApp database.
Read More: WhatsApp Marketing
How to Perform Google Drive Backup of WhatsApp Messages
If you are an Android user, you can sync your chat history, as well as media to Google Drive in these steps:
Run WhatsApp -> Tap “Settings” -> Select “Chats” -> Click “Chat backup” -> Press “Back up to Google Drive” -> Choose a Google account to save your data to.
Download WhatsApp Database from Google Drive
- Open your Whatsapp messenger.
- Go to Settings >> Click on Chat.
- Click on Chat Backup >> Select the Google Account.
- Then Click on Backup, Your WhatsApp chat backup start to create the backup in your Google Account Drive.
How to Get the Backup File of WhatsApp Chat
- Open your Whatsapp messenger
- Click on Chat >> Click on Chat backup
- Click on Backup >> Then you Click on Chat Backup, system creating a backup file
- After Backup Process Completed
- Go to My Files >> Open Internal Memory
- Click on WhatsApp folder >> Click on DataBases
- Check on the date of backup >> Take a latest one backup file
- Copy it into your Expandable memory or Send to your PC.
Read Also: How to Create a WhatsApp Group Invite Link
How to Disconnect WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
- Go to Google Play Store and at the top of the play store your Username will be Shown
- If you have the Password of that Email account, it’s good. otherwise, go to the browser and forget your email password
- Now your work is started: Go to Google Drive and log in with your same Play store Email ID and Password.
- Once you log in, you can see the right side Setting Icon Click on it
- Now, a pop-up box show on your screen and by default it is on the “General” tab just click on “Managing Apps”.
- Now you can get access to WhatsApp Messenger
- Click on “Option” and there are only two option “Disconnect from drive” and “Delete Hidden App Data”.
- Now choose “Disconnect from Drive” and click “Ok”
- And now your WhatsApp backup has been disconnected from Google drive
Read Also: Best WhatsApp Group Names
How to Delete and Stop WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive
- Go to Google Play store and check out the username of your account
- Log in with your username and password
- Now, go to Google Drive; a pop-up box show on your screen and by default it is on the “General” tab just click on “Managing Apps”.
- Now you can get access to WhatsApp Messenger
- Click on “Option” and there are only two option “Disconnect from drive” and “Delete Hidden App Data”
- Now, choose the option “Delete Hidden App Data” and Click “OK”
- If you want to stop WhatsApp Backup temporarily, then you can choose the option “Disconnect from Drive” and click “OK”
How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android
The encryption technology used to backup WhatsApp on Google Drive cannot be applied to iDevices. That means you can’t retrieve WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone directly. Also, there is no way to transfer WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud so far.
Read More: Send WhatsApp Message Online
However, you can rely on a specialized WhatsApp Transfer tool to transfer WhatsApp messages from your old Android to new iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, etc. in a more straightforward way. Using phone Transfer tool is a good choice. There are many professional tools available for users to transfer all kinds of important data from phone to phone.
Solution 1: Transferring WhatsApp Messages via Local Backup
Solution 2: Transferring WhatsApp via Google Drive Backup
Method 1: Transferring WhatsApp Messages via Local Backup
Local backup is the automatic backup of your chat history to your phone’s WhatsApp folder that occurs daily every 2 AM. The folder is located in your device’s internal memory or external SD card. To use the local backup to transfer WhatsApp messages between Android devices, follow the steps below:
How To Download Whatsapp Google Drive Backup Iphone
- Launch WhatsApp on your old Android device, go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back Up, and back up the WhatsApp messages.
Tip: if you need to back up WhatsApp messages locally, choose back up to Google Drive to Never.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone and Check your old phone’s specifications to figure out what kind of SD card you have.
- To an Android phone with an external SD card, take the SD card out of your old phone, and put it into your new one.
- Run WhatsApp on the new device; verify the same phone number that you had when you backed up your chats.
- When the notification that a message backup was found pops up. Click “Restore”.
Method 2: Transferring WhatsApp via Google Drive Backup
Google Drive backup is the saving of your messages and media to your personal Google Drive account. To use Google Drive, make sure the following is true:
- Your device must be synced with Google Drive.
- Google Play Services must be installed (only available for Android 2.3.4 and later).
- Your Google Drive account must have enough space for all of your WhatsApp data.
- Your phone must have enough free space to create the backup.
Follow the Below Steps:-
- Backup WhatsApp messages on your old device to Google Drive, go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back Up.
- Add the same Google account to the new phone that was used to perform the backup on your old phone. Also, make sure you are using the same phone number on the new phone.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- After verifying the same phone number used to perform the backup on the old phone, you will be prompted to restore your messages and media from Google Drive.
- Once, the restoration process is complete, tap on “Next” and your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
- After restoring your chats, WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files.
Important Things to Keep in Mind about Google Drive
- The backup process might take more time to complete, so make sure to leave your phone connected to a power supply for an uninterrupted power source.
- At Google Drive, you can also change your chat backup frequency at any time by tapping Menu > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- If you are using the same Google Account for WhatsApp data backup, the same Google Drive is overwritten; and there is no other way is available to restore an older Google drive backup.
- Media and messages you back up aren’t protected by WhatsApp end-to-end encryption while in Google Drive.
Read More: How to Send An Automatic Reply to WhatsApp Message
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Chat History from Android
Now WhatsApp allows users to back up their chat history to Google Drive or Local Storage. Unfortunately, if you’ve deleted the WhatsApp Chat history, then you can easily get it recovered. Wondering how? Follow the below steps:-
Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive Backup
WhatsApp will ask you to restore chats and media from a backup when you verify your number. If you have both Google Drive backup and local backup for your WhatsApp, it will ask you to restore Google drive backup by default.
- Reinstall WhatsApp and verify phone number on Android device.
- Tap “Restore” when the backup is found.
- Check your WhatsApp chats after the restoration is done.
Retrieve WhatsApp from the Most Recent Local Backup
If you are sure that your deleted WhatsApp chats are in the most recent local backup, you have to disable Google Drive WhatsApp backup first. You can either log out Google account on your phone temporarily or delete your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. Then perform the operation as described in the Google Drive backup part.
Troubleshooting Backup and Restoration Issues
For problems related to Google Drive backup creation
- Make sure you’ve logged in to your phone using your Google Account.
- Also, ensure that you’re having enough available space in your Google drive account to create a backup.
- Verify you have Google Play services installed on your phone.
- Note: Google Play services are only available on Android 2.3.4 and higher.
- Are you attempting to back up your data on a cellular data network? Then make sure that you have enough data available for using both WhatsApp and Google Play Services. If you’re unsure about the data pack available, please contact your service provider before you are ready to get started with your restoration process.
- In certain cases, if there is no data available, then try to create a backup over a different network. Example: Try connecting to Wi-Fi if you’re unable to back up over a cellular data network.
For problems related to Google Drive backup restoration
- While you’re trying to restore a backup, make sure you’re trying to restore a backup using the same phone number and Google account that the backup was created on.
- Check out the storage space available to make sure there’s enough space on your phone to restore the backup.
- Make sure you have Google Play services installed on your phone.
- Note: Google Play services are only available on Android 2.3.4 and higher.
- Since the data restoration and backup takes more time, make sure your battery is fully charged or your phone is plugged into a power source.
- Make sure your phone has a strong and stable Internet connection. If restoring using a cellular data network does not work, please try Wi-Fi.
Advantages of WhatsApp Backup and Recovery
Backup and Recovery features of WhatsApp has been engineered to eliminate some of the toughest challenges in backup and recovery and deliver the maximum value. Below are just a few of the cutting-edge features.
Individual File Restoration
WhatsApp Data Recovery can Backup solution is automatic and easy to manage. So there is no need to worry about the lost file or corrupted file, even if you accidentally delete the file, you can restore it from Google drive.
Disk Level Backup and Recovery
If your hardware fails, your data can be restored in just a matter of hours. In the event of a phone crashed or OS failure, for example, the exact data can be duplicated to a new hard drive and get you back up and running as soon as the transfer is complete. Your backed-up data can also be deployed as a virtual server in case of catastrophic failures, such as a fire, lightning strike, flood, theft, or vandalism of your mobile phone.
Your data can be made disaster-proof with the efficiency safe and secure feature of Google Drive. All the messages and media such as audio, video, image, PDFs, GIFs and all other file formats which you’re received will be automatically backed up frequently. You can also set the time limit on data backup.
You don’t need to worry about compatibility with your older hardware. Advantage Backup and Recovery is non-disruptive and can be installed without impacting your normal business routine.
How To Download Whatsapp Google Drive Backup Photos
Backup and recovery features of WhatsApp can be configured and modified quickly to meet the demands of your high paced environment. Whatever your situation is or wherever you’re, you can get easy access to your WhatsApp messages.
Download WhatsApp Database from Google Drive!
Download Backup From Google Drive
Stay tuned with BulkQto know more about the tips and tricks on WhatsApp!